November 16, 2007

Aunt "K" to the Rescue




Jeff and I went to our second prenatal class last night and it was a little too educational! I'm not even kidding that we started out with about 8 couples watching the birthing video and by the end there were only three of us left. A few couples literally walked out (I definitely wanted to). I kept saying to myself...Leslie, you are thirty years old and you're not leaving this room. It was quite possibly one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. It sure didn't help that it was filmed using the most bloated women you have ever seen or that the film quality was circa 1989 or that there was a completely annoying nurse and doctor speaking as if they were addressing a four year old. I hate that! Just talk normal you weirdos. I wanted to punch them in the face. Seriously, I was feeling violent inside.

Needless to say I was not feeling so baby happy when we left. I bolted as soon as I could with Jeff practically running to keep up with me. But when we got home there was a MONSTER package waiting for us from Jeff's Aunt Kathy who lives in Pennsylvania. Inside was piles and stacks of all kinds of baby stuff. Clothes, toys, blankets, you name it. It was exactly what we needed to change the tone of the night. So fun! And so generous. Thanks Aunt K, You're a DREAM! You saved the day and reminded me that it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment