November 19, 2007

Our Christmas Portrait





My 9 months belly!





Each year about August I start thinking about what I want our Christmas card to look like. I know...a bit obsessive, but I don't care. It's a big deal to me. I love it! I love trying to decide what to wear and where we'll take it. When Jeff and I first got married I suggested that he and I alternate years. One year he decides what picture to use, then me the next. Big mistake! I just feel to strongly about it. I mean come on! I can't have our Christmas card photo be of us on some motorcycle trip with helmut hair and motorcycle gear. Sorry honey.
This is my favorite time of year and I love to get Christmas cards from everyone. And I'm a firm believer that couples should have their portrait done at least once a year--just the two of you. No kids. Otherwise, it' gets to be your 40th anniversary and the only picture you have of the two of you is the one from your wedding day. That really shouldn't be the last and only time you are ever photographed together. Make the effort. Please. And why not use your Christmas card as the time?


Photos by Travis Lovell
check out his killer landscape photography at
http://www.travislovell.com

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Les! And I TOTALLY agree with you on the 'no kids' photo. I've been all over my parents' case about that lately (I think I've almost cracked 'em!!) Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too appreciate the 'no kids' photo. I fear we're guilty thus far but plan to rememdy that one! I love seeing all your great photos! Wish you lived closer for us.

    ReplyDelete