November 05, 2007

Abbott Handerson Thayer


I first saw this painting at my friend, Courtney's, house and I loved it!! It's one of the few pieces of artwork that has actually made me stop and stare. A lot of paintings are pleasing just on a beauty/aesthetics level, but this one I really connect with. I can still remember how I felt the first time I saw it. And that was totally EMPOWERED! Maybe a bit fiesty. :) . These are the kind of women I know in my life. The women I look up to and want to be like. She's the kind of friend I want to have. The kind of mother I want to be. The kind of wife I want to be. Strong, but still ladylike and mild. I just love how powerful she looks, but not an ounce of aggressiveness. This is womanhood to me. I think they are fighters and courageous and bold without losing their feminity. I like that.

Something made me think of it the other day (I have no idea what) when I was brainstorming about what I wanted in the baby's room. I'm about to purchase it. It's called "A Virgin".

If you like it too...look it up online and view it larger. It's better that way. You need to see the expression of her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment