January 08, 2008

One Month Bday

Today our little sweetness turned one month old. Why celebrate? Because last night she slept for seven hours straight. That's right! I said SEVEN hours. And the night before she slept EIGHT hours. OH HAPPY DAY!!! You would think I would be well rested and refreshed. Not exactly. I did get some better sleep, but kept waking up. Sometime around 3AM I wake thinking to myself, "I can't believe she is still asleep". At 5AM I wake up thinking, "Is she okay? Did she choke? Did she stop breathing? Is she dead?" At which point I send Jeff to check on her because I can't cope with the discovery of our dead daughter. But, of course, she's perfectly fine. Then again at 6AM I wake and think "This is awesome. I have such a great baby on my hands." Just wish I could relax enough to enjoy these long stretches of sleep.

Hopefully she is not teasing me. I know she's still figuring things out, but let's hope her recent stretches of sleep are a prediction of what is to come. I'll take whatever I can get.


4 comments:

  1. She is so sweet, Leslie! Yeah on her good night's sleep . . . now here's hoping you get one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how active she is! Cute video. Count your blessings on the sleep, little Noah is 6 months and JUST now sleeping 7pm-3am....and in the past 2 days started taking naps longer then 40 minutes.....he is not a sleeper. I remember freaking out too when he slept longet than usual (who am I kidding, I still check on him all the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie! I just noticed the link to your blog on Annette's page. What a beautiful baby! Your blog is too cute to begin with! I'm so excited things are going well. I hope a good night's sleep is in the near future for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finally started getting a good night's rest in the last several months! She's worth it though - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete