February 21, 2008

Identity Crisis

Lately this modern girl has been drawn to vintage-y looks. This is a shock to me since I'm a die hard minimalist. So I feel like I am having a bit of a identity crisis, but I know exactly why. I've never spent this much time at home. Becoming a stay-at-home mom has forced me to stare at our khaki walls all day long. You know.... the khaki walls I thought would be so clean and "calm". Clean? Sure. But not so calm. More like "kill me now" because I'm so visually bored and uninterested. I have nothing to look at as I cook, clean, feed and live in this home . It's so boring and blah and depressing. I can't take it anymore. I crave texture, pattern and bright colors. I need visual stimulus. And as my sweet baby is becoming more alert she needs visual stimulus. So I'm on a mission to colorize, texturize, and liven up this place!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures! I could stand in front of the paint samples at Home Depot for hours. A good can of paint does a body/mind good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more about khaki walls. I thought the same thing when I painted our house but now my favorite room is the only one with a bright red wall- too bad it's the half bath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Les! We've pulled you over to the "dark" side! I'll save all my Country Living magazines for you! :) I've decided minimalists are people who live this crazy corporate life--so that when they get home they need to "unclutter" their minds by living in a sparse environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are right, Em. They need minimal because their life is exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete