February 24, 2008

Project Time!!


My friend, Courtney, and I are going to start getting together and doing projects. I think it will keep me motivated. And something to look forward to. I've decided on my first project: sewing my Easter dress (see above for pic of pattern). I'll be making the dress on the right, but with sleeves. And guess what? No zippers or buttons. It is a pullover dress. Woohoo! A great way to get back into the swing of things.

I've really been inspired to start sewing again because I've been browsing Courtney's sister-in-laws blog. If you want to see some gorgeous children's clothing be sure and check it out. Next on my project list: making Lauren a ridiculously impractical dress. Love it.

I'll be sure and post the results of my Easter dress. I haven't decided on color or fabric yet, but the pattern recommends using silk-like fabrics. I'm looking forward to looking lovely and feminine!!!

3 comments:

  1. I knew I should have paid better attention while my mom was trying to teach me how to sew! Can't wait to see the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking this morning that I should go shopping in my sewing room and see what pieces of fabric I have bought and have yet done anything with so that I can maybe make all of us new Easter dresses, or at least me something new.

    I have about reached the point that every Sunday I dread going through my closet trying to find something that I feel I look good in. A couple of weeks ago I thought I had pulled something great together and then at church someone asked me if I was pregnant. OUCH!! No I'm not!

    So I guess that means that it is time to make a few changes in the clothing department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy...rule #1. Never ask a person if they are pregnant. Ever!

    ReplyDelete