March 11, 2008

Copycat

Remember that gorgeous JCrew coat? I can't bring myself to justify the cost. No way. So I did a little hunting at the fabric store today. Found a couple patterns that come real close. This one below is the best. Check it out...it is the same shape. I'll be adding the ruffle and pockets (which I don't think will be that hard) and shortening the sleeve a bit so it hits at the elbow instead of the forearm.



McCall's 5328

***And thank you, Renae, for reminding me that I can sew. You just saved me $168.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! I want one... I can't wait to see the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I wish I had the talent to alter patterns like that. My sewing ability ends with anything beyond the shape of a square... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Mannings got the MUSIC talent and the Finchers picked up on the sewing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute!! And Thank You, MOM, for teaching us all how to sew! This would be the reason she did it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome!! I knew you could do it and I think that pattern is close too. Have fun and post the finished product later.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you finished it yet? i would love to see a post of the finished project. i am tempted to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete