March 06, 2008

My Motherhood Motto



In the first few days I was home with Lauren I received a letter from my mom (not anything new...she writes about once a week). The letter contained a few words of wisdom and advice about being a mother. It was good advice and I loved it so much that I put it in Lauren's baby book. Among other things, she encouraged me to just go about my life as usual. Keep doing what I do...go where I need to go, vacuum when I need to vacuum, etc. It was very helpful because those first few days were filled with so much anxiety. My whole day was a series of three hour intervals. Feed. Wait three hours. Feed. Wait three hours. Feed. It was making me insane. I would think to myself, "I can't go anywhere because Lauren has to eat in three hours". I felt stuck. Luckily I got past that mindset, got myself out of the house, and found some balance. Priceless. So when I saw this on this girl's blog I really connected with the message. (Apparently it is a reproduction of a WWII poster). I love it. I want one. So I'm sharing my motherhood motto. Long live mothers!!

Check out all the happy colors it comes in.

5 comments:

  1. That is cool and you're right - they do come in great colors! I might have to put one of these on my wish list...next to that J.Crew jacket that costs as much as two week's worth of groceries!! It can't possibly cost that much to make so why do they have to sell it for so much? I'd want one in each color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it come framed or unframed? I kind of like that motto too. It helps keep it all in balance and not just for mothers. I have a few kids that could use that motto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good in our house, so I'm sure it will in yours as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. leslie, so wonderful! I'm glad you connected with the message of the poster too (and I'm glad I can now keep tags on your gem of a blog).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to have one of these. I'm just trying to figure out where to put it.

    ReplyDelete