April 16, 2008

The Creative Life

Over the past few months I have been totally inspired to reconnect with my own creativity. I was so worried bout becoming a stay-at-home mom. I just knew I wold lose myself, but I'm actually experiencing one of the most creative and happy times of my life. My little girl is pleasant and content 90% of our day together. So, I have all the time in the world to dream, craft, sew and create. I'm exploring new outlets, decorating the house. I'm sewing again and photographing regularly after a very long hiatus. I have no idea what it is like for other 1st time moms, but I personally can't complain. This is awesome! (Please no comments about how it will all come to an end "as soon as.....". I know. Until then, let me just celebrate this little gift).

I've been inspired by so many things. Mostly all the gorgeous blogs out there with some unbelievably talented people. OK. Sometimes they make me feel like crap too. But mostly they inspire me. I've been inspired by my sister who lives nearby. Who has totally different tastes, but slightly rubbing off. Hmm...what else? The change of seasons. Hallelujah! Other moms, magazines, color, all of it. I just can't get enough. So thank heavens for the gift of creativity whatever form it takes. It makes for one very happy mom.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Leslie!! I love it when the creativity flows, so much gets done on "the list". I wish I was better at sewing because then my projects wouldn't last as long as they do! :) I'm very happy for you!!--ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are quite an inspiration yourself! i love being a stay home mama... it is a fun full time job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your post Leslie! I too have had my worries about how I'll survive as a stay-at-home mom but for the most part am just really excited- especially when I read great posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I was getting ready to stop working with baby #1--who was 6 months old at the time. All these women at work kept asking me what I was going to do at home, and wouldn't I be bored. PuuLEASE!! I can do whatever I dang well want thank you very much. It that is nothing--then I do nothing for the day. Otherwise, the sky's the limit. It can be tough staying home, but the flexibility sure beats full-time career woman.

    ReplyDelete