May 29, 2008

High Hopes

Why am I not posting? Well, I've got good intentions. Lots of photos/projects in the works, but I think I took on a little too much. Now L is very interested in the world (a.k.a. wants to be held, played with, paid attention too lots). Bye, bye hours upon hours of uninterrupted crafting and creating. That lifeless, sleepy newborn is now a thriving little one, keen on exploring her new world. Must be mommy now. Hoping sisters and "get-togethers" with friend, Courtney, will help keep me motivated with that looming pile. Must stick to new personal rule...no more additional projects until pile is done. That will be until December (not joking). ..... Husband will be happy that spending is halted.

9 comments:

  1. yes... yes... now you REALLY have to watch her, but oh the fun ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I have been working on the same blanket, and the same cross stitch, and the same pile of photos waiting to be scrapbooked for at least two, maybe three years. I always say this is the summer that these things will be done. Maybe they will get done, but it would help if I started working on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I need to finish up some stuff...But oh the fun of discovering a new project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you glad life isn't dull and boring?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get in moods where I am obsessively finishing up old projects because I can't stand the guilt any more and I want to move onto something fun and new.

    It doesn't happen often, but I have thrown out unfinished projects after a very long certain amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a professional project starter...just not finisher so I totally know what you're saying! I get all excited about something and then get all excited about something else and never finish the first something I was excited about! Good luck with a busy baby! I love all the photos you post of her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is even more satisfying to get projects done when it is a challenge to find the time. Completing a project, while feeding kids, giving attention, etc. is one of the few times when I feel like a supermom. Let's get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guilty of everything imaginable. Now I try to be a much better judge (meaning, more realistic) of if I will actually get it done & if I love, love, love something. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else, too!

    ReplyDelete