July 30, 2008

No Z's for me

Every once in a while I have a night where I just can't sleep. My mind will not quit. It's not that I'm worried about anything. It is usually a case of "ideas". All sorts of creative things flood my thoughts. It's no matter that 99% of what dominates my brain in these wee hours will never be realized. Hundreds of photo concepts, home decor visions, and sewing projects taunt and torture me all night long. I try writing it down. Doesn't help. I still lay there wide awake. Typically my body gives in at about 3AM. Oh no, not tonight. It's never been this bad. It's currently 5AM and there is no sign of rest. My mind is in overdrive and I'm dying here. Jeff will be up in a couple of hours and so will baby. It is going to be a very long day.


So......
Do I force myself to stay up all day, but go to bed very early?
Or.....
do I nap with baby?





{Had a really great idea for a post which means several of my photo pals will wake to a new message in their email}.

5 comments:

  1. Nap with baby!! I hate nights like those...only mine are always caused by kids who are big enough to go to the bathroom but still insist on me coming with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely the pits! I'm plagued right now with a bladder that can't go longer than an hour and a half without heading to the bathroom so nights are pretty long in our house too. I guess we're not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you. Sometimes my mind wont quit either so I have to come up with something boring to think about before I can fall asleep again. To answer your question, the decorations were martha stewart. Tricia found them all and put them together. She said they were all pretty good deals too, so find an excuse for a party and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my vote is nap with baby. that's what i would (like to) do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the next couple of nights treat you better. There's nothing worse than waking up after a bad night's sleep. And I am so glad that you post so many pictures. They are so fun to look at! They are all very artistic! I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete