July 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

Heard Miley Cyrus sing live on the Today Show. Yikes! It was not good. I don't get it.

I finally realized what my power would be if I were a Super Hero. (Hubby asks me this question all the time so it really is not as random as it sounds). I've given it a lot of thought (6 years to be exact). I decided that I would like to be able to transport myself from place to place. Oh yeah!
It would be so great because I can't stand the time it takes to travel. On many a late night driving home from SLC I have longed for the ability to transport myself home....to my bed. I'm not sure how I could fight evil with this power, but it would certainly benefit my personal life and save a lot of time.

I thought I kept a clean house...until Baby L started crawling last week. She finds the craziest, tiniest particles of "stuff".

I'm secretly hoping that Hubby will watch baby for a couple of hours on Saturday so I can go see "Mamma Mia" by myself (one of my favorite things to do). And I'll go to our little theater in town. The first showing. And literally be by myself. Then I can sing along without shame and live vicariously through the movie...and pretend I'm in Greece too. I've loved Greece (Cyprus) and Abba since my high school days. It's going to be great.


I'm off to pick up all those photos....

6 comments:

  1. I don't get what the big thing is with Miley Cyrus. I don't know that I ever will... Being able to transport yourself would be a good power. It's the worst having to make a long drive when you are already tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key to Miley Cyrus is good marketing by Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't it funny the "stuff" that they find???? "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?" I remember thinking that too. Congrats on the crawling!! Have fun at the movies!! Maybe thats what I need to do, go to the movies BY MYSELF. My stress is building up again, and I need a break! Can't wait to see your pictures.--ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I loved your random and not-so-random thoughts. I too don't get the Miley Cyrus craze. She absolutely drives me nuts!! And that little super hero power of yours would come in really handy in a few weeks when our 26 hour drive home comes around...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to transport. Like in I Dream of Jeanie. She would just cross her arms, blink and be there. I've shared my dream with Emmy. Now, while on walks or errands, she'll look at me and say, "It would be cool if we could just blink ourselves home, huh?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've known forever, my super power would be invisibility. I like people watching, but they're the most real when they don't think anyone's looking.

    I remember going to bars in college, and all the girls were decked out, and smiling, and so animated when they talked to their friends or a guy they met. But occasionally, you'd see them between "acts" - and you'd catch a glimmer of reality. They were tired, or they were insecure, or sometimes...genuinely happy.

    If I were a photographer, I think I could spend years just photographing people's fleeting breaths of "real".

    -Jaime Bellmyer

    ReplyDelete