August 28, 2008

What's Hangin' {Part Two}

Slowly, but surely I'm getting emails from photo friends. This one is from Katie. (I'm diggin' her family portrait. Gorgeous).





Here's what she said about what's hanging on her walls:

A little background. We moved into our home one year ago this month and I wanted to do a home that was completely opposite of what I had done with my old place. I don't know if you remember or not but my old house was chuck full of stuff, every space was invaded by something, I was a garage sale/antique store junkie. When we started to pack our stuff to move, I went through our house and got rid of four truck loads... talk about embarrassing. So in our new home I envisioned cleanliness. Light walls, White cabinets, dark floors with just splashes of color accessorizing the home. I still haven't done much with this home in over a year because I'm still trying to envision how I'm going to pull off an orderly clean look but still be eclectic. I know that I don't want many photographs in my home but mostly large oil paintings, is that crazy since photography is my profession? I'll probably change my mind next year. On a happy note for me, I have not set foot in any antique store nor any garage sales since the move. Needless to say, I don't have that many examples for you to show but this is what I've got so far.


Check out Katie's photography blog

3 comments:

  1. Her family pis IS awesome! And she takes GREAT pics of others, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leslie, if you want to donate one of your Etsy items there is an LDS couple badly burned in a plane crash in Mesa, AZ and there are many events going on to pay for medical care (I stumbled on this through another blog). Really sad story. Check it all out at nierecovery.com, click on "benefit blog" at the top and then go down to Etsy auction. --Robin B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the family photo also! I'm still trying to figure out what kind to do this year for our Christmas cards. Wish you were closer!

    ReplyDelete