November 21, 2008

Evidence of my identity crisis


This is Sarah's house (sister's friend). I fell in love with her styling & visual texture. Doesn't it remind you of an Anthropologie location. Everything in this room has personal meaning to her. Most of the items belonged to her grandmother.
I have become majorly sentimental since becoming a mom so I was so amazed by that. I want to fill my own home (specifically the walls) with meaning. A slow, but steady work in progress....






These frames... travelled in a covered wagon. C'mon. That's pretty amazing.



I'd love to get my hands on a similar couch and reupholster it in some funky modern print.




"What's with the lighting?" you ask. (A mix of daylight and tungsten). I wondered how it would look myself.
My feeling about the results: very mediocre.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in what she has hanging to the left of those oval frames.

    It looks like some funky twiggy wreath.

    ReplyDelete