January 06, 2009

A new year, a new room

L's little room continues to evolve. After taking down the Christmas tree I got into a major house kick (working on our very boring bedroom). I'm loving these current changes to her bedroom.


And that chair....I can't even speak.







A collection of L's red dresses. left (from Aunt Melissa), middle (mine as a baby), right (this year's Christmas dress). More to be added as the collection grows. They need some decorative hooks or something and non plastic hangers. I'll be searching for that in the next few weeks.





I think the silver frames are much better. Makes the room feel lighter than the black.
The watercolor (left) was done by my friend, Angie, when L was born. I've been wanting to hang it up for a while now. And the art on the right is a card purchased from a favorite etsy shop


I still want to add more butterflies. And I think she needs a rug of some sort too. maybe black and white.










I also rearranged my nic-nac shelves. I love these colors together.





{P.S. Maybe I'll start taking some lovely photos again in the spring. Until then, it's a rampage on making the home lovely}

17 comments:

  1. Awww, the red dresses are exceptionally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your eye for color is fantastic...
    those splashes of red are delightful!!! beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! Rod Works(in Lehi)has some great nail covers and picture hangers for $3-6. I use them to hang my pictures by ribbons and they have lots of different styles. I'm glad to know there are other reformed perfectionists out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, thanks for the tip, Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative! Those decorations are all very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie - so pretty!!! I love the rocking chair.

    I can't figure out a way to email you - will you email me? I have a question for you.

    sugarcitylynne@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ilove your room, specially the butterflies wall art.
    It's your creation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The butterfly template I used is from Martha Stewart

    here is the link:

    http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.0e0eb51a2e6b5ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=d346330b00a22110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&backto=true

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love love love that chair--and everything else in the room for that matter. Thanks for leaving me a comment. I plan on doing a whole post about your fabulous little shop--especially those aprons. I'm sure you noticed I made one of my own. I wanted the waistband to be twice as wide--but for the effort it took I will just buy one from you next time. I'm also so cppying some of L's baby dresses. Thanks for being so generous and giving out pattern info..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haydee, I did notice. :)
    .....and I noticed it is my favorite color too (red).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her room looks amazing! I still remember us talking about it at Coleman's when you were pregnant, you told me you had painted it grey and had this awesome red chair. :) I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the chair! Lauren's room looks great. I have a question for you, what color are her walls? My sister is looking for a nice soft grey for her boys' room and I love the color you used.

    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh those spaces are amazing! i love the red in your daughter's room...perfect and not really expected. where did you get the super cool butterflies?

    great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've done a lovely job with the nursery. I love the lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this room is fantastic. i love how the gray and red work together and that little rocker, darling.

    ReplyDelete