August 10, 2009

The Good Report: Monday Morning Edition

Feeling slightly emotional (ok, A LOT emotional) and overwhelmed for several days. I haven't done any of the things on my "must get done before baby comes" list. No ready-to-cook meals piled up in my freezer. And running out of most that was canned last October. Anyone else notice I only have 8 weeks left before baby arrives? Yikes! Also, I've been feeling major motherhood guilt for L's quality of life over the past few months. And lately tantrums are increasing and she has been waking up during the night. To sum up...baby #2 feels way more scary than baby #1 ever did.

But I can't deny the good this week:

1. Four straight days of 70 degree weather and I am in H-E-A-V-E-N!
2. More old pals in town....dinner tonight.
3. A sat night party/reunion with "the branch". Those were great times and great memories. And even greater people.
4. Fall catalogs are arriving. Bring it!
5. Lots of good cries this week. The kind you feel better after.
6. A friend reminding me that this is just a phase. Not my whole life for ever and ever and ever. Good point. (I love support from other moms)
7. Jeff convinced me to get a new phone. Mine was literally falling apart. All I care about is that it was FREE.
8. And my husband rules.....love him, love him, love him for all the little things he does.

4 comments:

  1. Womanhood is great, isn't it? Just now I'm sitting at the computer listening to my children scream at each other over a t-shirt while refusing to do their jobs. I'm bemoaning the fact that the only chocolate I have in my house comes in the form of chocolate chips and it's supposed to be 98 degrees today - and that doesn't include humidity.

    Maybe I need a good cry, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love good cries that make you feel better, and nice husbands that do nice things, and your blog. Love the format.
    Amy and Trevor say you like Indian food at the Bombay house. We go there all the time. We'll give you a call next time we go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about the fountain of tears. I'm visiting it more than I really want to...hope it goes away soon and glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Les, whenever I get to feeling overwhelmed, I think about you. Yeah, I do! I think, "Man, this sucks. But, how can it be better? Leslie would be able to think of a 'good report' for this week even if she was feeling horrible."

    Chin up and good luck. I wish I could be closer to make you some freezer dinners. You know, you can order Domino's online now . . .

    ReplyDelete