December 16, 2009

Deck The Halls {our Christmas}

Nothing like photographing your house to reveal every single flaw. But we're focusing on the lovely, right? I've always got plans and our place is a work in progress.



Ok. Let's Be Merry!


I love my sequined stocking.





glitter snowflake garland from Joann's







This is my favorite addition to the decor. I've wanted one of these silver trees forever. It wasn't a good deal (I like a bargain), but since I've wanted one for years I took the plunge. No regrets. I love how it looks in this room.


I like the "before" much better of L's tinsel tree. But I thought I needed to see it decorated to be sure. Yep, I'm definitely a minimalist. I don't think it needs anything.







I also love my new toy bin from Joann's (black and white floral bin).







Unfortunately, you can't really see my sweet paper stars hanging in the window because of the exposure. But they're sweet. :)

Also notice I rearranged the kitchen table. It used to be parallel to the window, but now it's perpendicular. Not really drastic in photos, but drastic in day to day living. I feel like it opens up the space so much more. It was the best idea. And bringing up the bench too. L doesn't really use her high chair that much anymore. It's all about the bench. Because she thinks she's super adult now.








This white tree was a bargain. I got it for $15 two years ago. This is the first year I've put it up though. And I'm glad I did because I was going to get rid of it. It's so perfect for our room. I'll probably decorate this one next year, but for now I'm just loving it with plain white lights. It looks completely awesome at night. (Yes, I know I need a tree skirt)


11 comments:

  1. Stop it already! Your house is amazing. When can I move in? I love L's tree. I think it looks so cute decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's always my struggle with Spence; I like little to nothing on a tree and only white christmas lights, he's a multi-colored lights, make-the-tree-look-like-Christmas-barfed-on-it person. And I have to remind myself 'thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house'. Great Deco! I need to get up pics of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house - love your decorations! Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your asthetic Leslie! You have such an eye for a certain kind of style that I love. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the holiday home tour! Wow, you've done so much and with a new baby. Everything looks lovely. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your trees. I've never been down to your place before, but I love the way you've decorated. Less is more in my book too. I cant stand clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks even better in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope this doesn't sound weird but I have been looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations! :) There should be photos of your house in those home decor magazines. Seriously.

    We could only decorate the top half of our tree this year since Marianne's at that age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house does look very nice. Maybe after Christmas I can get to de-cluttering. Simple makes for less things for little hands to drag out. It was also so nice to have you stop by the other day. D again sometime.

    ReplyDelete