December 29, 2009

L's 2yr old Portraits






These are not even close to the images I had in my head. Not. Even. Close.
(Although I am deeply smitten with the first image).

Two year olds are tricky. And constantly moving. And don't give a crap that you have an amazing idea. Or that the low light in their room is metering at 1/15 of a second and that means you should sit very, very still. Oh how she taunts me! But I will not be defeated. One of these days I'm going to pin her down. tie her arms. and take the portraits I envisioned. (Kidding about that arm part).



P.S. I think I've rekindled my love for BW film. We've had a long separation. Also, I bought the girls the cutest chairs for Christmas. Sure to show up in some photos.

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to see what you had in mind because I can't image that they could get better than these. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't get any easier. I think my 7 yo sat still for me once. For sure they're better by 8! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 2nd picture has that "innocent" look. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her shirt - did you make it?

    ReplyDelete