January 07, 2010

Change {not always a good thing}

I've been doing some major nesting. And wanting change around the house. Yesterday I switched up the photos above the couch. Not sure I like it. Jeff admitted he misses the Keep Calm poster. I think I just miss all the colors. I'll be switching out some of the images for recent photos, but just wanted to get the arrangement right and see if I liked it. Eh... I don't know...

It just seems real bland. Too symmetrical. Maybe if I hung prints with yellow in them. The one thing I really do like is that more of the light cord is hidden this way. Hmmm...



I'm also waiting for some new pillows to arrive. Switching to yellow and white. I'm having change anxiety today, but I was getting so bored and I like to mix it up. I think I hate it even more looking at it in a photo. What to do?

6 comments:

  1. I miss the Keep Calm poster, too, although I love the picture of the Savior. Maybe the two could share the wall? It's always fun to change things up. I've been doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been wanting to do something like that in my bedroom for a long time now. I havent yet because getting the right layout of all the frames is difficult. More difficult than i ever thought. I like the keep calm poster too, but I think your layout looks just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the Savior poster. *so jealous* You could try a 'spreading' arrangement, arrange things diagonally, and put one more small frame in the mix. I like odd numbers. And the Keep Calm needs to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I like the off-set, uneven, even slightly a-symmetrical look when hanging pis. It's just more interesting to the eye. Symmetry has its place too, but I agree with you the wall needs a little more variation or something. Different sizes of frames might help. All the pics are gorgeous, though, and I'm a fan of the thick white mats. Is the one of Christ a photo? Is it one of those "Reflections of Christ" photos? But what do I know about decorating? I love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a stack of frames sitting on my side table. I don't know where to hang them or what to hang in them. Good luck with your arranging! It's always fun to redecorate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I particularly like the level. :) You could always try cutting rectangles the same size as your frames out of butcher paper and hanging those on the wall to get an arrangement you like without having to actually hang your frames. I love the orange one with the silhouette of the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete