January 22, 2010

My Class {Valient 11}

My new church responsibility? Teaching the 11 year olds. Sixth graders. I remember sixth grade very clearly. I thought I was so mature.

____________________________________________


I love these. Maybe because I'm a little tired of photographing my own kids.
(perfect light courtesy of a lovely window in our classroom and a sunny day).













Day 1 teaching...already distinct personalities detected. The quiet one, the know-it-all, the sweet one, class clown, and on and on. So begins a great adventure that I enter into reluctantly (I love Relief Society). I took these photos for prayer reasons. As in.... no one ever wants to say the prayer and so someone will randomly be selected each Sunday by drawing their photo.



taken January 17, 2010

5 comments:

  1. I love how you can kind of guess which ones those distinct personalities are. You are just full of great ideas! Can you send some my way? ;) I hated how no one would volunteer to give the prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. definately a new adventure to come! great pics. is it sad that i think most of these 6th grade girls have better looking hair than i do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cool looking... and a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They just switched me from Nursery to Valiant 11. I have the bestest group of kids (even though hey complain about having to go to primary's opening exercises and listen to the little kids talk haha)I am trying to think of creative things to do throughout the year to keep them happy and excited... this is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I'm planning on taking pictures of the little ones I teach in Nursery. I hope they will turn out as nice as yours... assuming they stay still!

    ReplyDelete