February 28, 2010

Down in the Schlumps {I lost my lovely}

I've been thinking about my former self. I used to have a great wardrobe. I felt lovely and had appropriate clothes. But those clothes are now outdated, too small, or just completely impractical for daily life. I want to reinvent for this current phase. To feel lovely again. There are days I never leave the house and I think sometimes it's because I don't have anything to wear.

My new wardrobe needs to be poop, puke, and toddler proof. Unfussy. Machine washable. Easy to bend, sit, wrestle. I'm thinking jeans & t-shirt, but with something special. A pretty flat. Embellished tee. Throw on a scarf. Great pair of earrings. Cheerful colors. Something more than what I am doing. Cuz I look bad. And boring, and old, and tired most of the time. Which makes me feel boring, old, and tired. I think I'm way too young to look old.


I think this is a great way to get started.

Urban Outfitters

2 comments:

  1. I have that bag and I love it! The funny thing is I bought that as the first step in my "operation de-frump" since I was feeling like I'd lost my lovely again (It's not back yet but this is a good start). Buy the bag- you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. I evaluated my wardrobe just last week and came to the conclusion that it is lacking. I've outgrown it in more ways than one. It's time for me to stop being so lazy.

    ReplyDelete