April 26, 2010

Breadmaking scenes



I discovered she likes to eat raw bread dough.
She helped herself. I did not offer.
My dad does the same thing.
Which makes it kind of sweet.







Mom's "KitchenAid" Bread

3 cups warm water
2 1/4 Tbs yeast
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
3/4 Tbs salt
7 1/2 cups flour

Load ingredients in order into KitchenAid Mixer.
Mix 10 minutes using bread hook (sides will come clean). I used lowest setting.
Grease hands. Separate into two loaves. (makes two full size loaves).
Let rise in bread pan 10 minutes.
Put into cold oven.
Turn oven to 350 degrees. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.

YUM!






(easiest bread recipe ever. and the "easy" is the only reason we have homemade bread in our house)

5 comments:

  1. I used to do the same thing. What is it about bread dough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I halfed the recipe and it didn't climb up the kitchenaid at all. I might just do it like that for now on so I can walk away from it while it's kneading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making bread is one of my favorite things to do. It makes me feel so domestic. I like to eat the dough too. Yuck huh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been away from your blog for 2 months. Your girls are growing so much. Cute clothing ideas, fabulous photos and I always love your Good Report. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love love love your blog!! Your photos are so beautiful!! I so love the fact that you shoot film. I have often thought about getting my film camera back out of the camera bag, but never end up doing it! You have inspired me to do it!!

    By the way, this is Whitnee. From the ward.

    ReplyDelete