April 11, 2010

Floral Obssession

Photo by Jose Picayo


I've got flowers on the brain....Searching for living room pillows. And I also started purchasing flowers for the kitchen table. I've always wanted a home with fresh flowers. I figure with all my extra savings (thanks to price matching) I can splurge on Walmart's $5 bundle each week (photos later). It makes me very happy. I'm totally digging the cheery addition. This week five dollars got me a ton of baby's breath. Which looks so beautiful all bunched together.

Got some grocery flowers of your own? Read these:

I've been taking some very small steps in setting a pretty table. (Remember that New Year's Resolution)? I put lemons in a water caraffe the other day and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was so pretty to look at. Maybe I'm easily pleased. And I actually used some printed napkins that were lingering in my stash. It's the little things that make life lovely.

Check out all of these ideas for table settings. I don't have any plans of going that far, but one or two elements every so often would be nice.

And look at one more centerpiece. Man, that would look cute against my plate wall.
I'd also like to try this.

1 comment:

  1. Simple pleasures are the best. So are fresh flowers. It's funny that you wrote about them because I was just thinking to myself the other day that I should put a vase of fresh flowers on my kitchen table! My Walmart doesn't have a $5 bundle though. I need a good vase, too. I can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete