May 10, 2010

Mother's Day was full of lovely

1. Beautiful weather.
2. Some new clothes arrived.
3. Got weekly grocery shopping done before the weekend even started.
4. First date with hubs since L was born! Two years is way too long. I miss him. And we really need to find a good babysitter. Or good friends.
5. Dinner and a movie on date with hubs.
6. Iron Man II is completely awesome. So is Gwyneth Paltrow's wardrobe. And Scarlett Johansson's wardrobe. And AC/DC's tunes. and movie popcorn. and overeating. (Ok, not the overeating. That part is painful).
7. Great selection of $5 flowers this week.
8. Our primary class was not nearly as obnoxious.
9. Loving new plan for quilt #2. My original layout was a horrible messy mess. What was I thinking? I am a minimalist. Now, after taking it from this (kind of, sort of) to more like this (but with even more white space) I'm really liking it.
10. Getting to sleep in on Sunday morning while Jeff cooked breakfast. yeah, baby!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great mother's day! Dates are the best. We don't have them nearly enough either. Can't wait to see the quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see Iron Man. I loved the first one. And we'll be happy to tend for you any time. Dates with hubs are important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd be your babysitter if i was closer... and could have friend dates with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dates are hard. Ours usually consist of whatever's coming from Netflix that week. Only now we can't even so that 'cause my date's 2600 miles away! I'm glad to hear Iron Man 2 is good. I wondered. I loved the first one.

    ReplyDelete