June 28, 2010

I need therapy

But I'll settle for some emotional eating.

:)

Photo by the hubs

My little jaunt as photographer over the weekend reminded of my weaknesses and why I don't do weddings. The weakness: Family groupings. Oh, the horror! The ugly, ugly horror. I really stink at them. Not posting ANY of those. Wedding pros, I bow to you. It's not easy or fun. You are part psychologist, best friend, boss, peacemaker, artist, speed racer. And more.
Can. not. handle it.
Can't get into it. Do not care.
The bride: Love it. The details: Love the most!
Which you will see is all very clear from the photos I post over the next few days.


Oh man, this photography degree of mine causes me equal amounts of anxiety, relief, pain, excitement. Maybe a smidge of joy here and there. I guess I am a tortured artist after all (hahahaha).

New dream, where are you?
Actually, WHAT are you?





P.S. (My sister would have loved this house. There were quilts everywhere. Beautiful, beautiful quilts around every corner).

5 comments:

  1. I think weddings would be the most stressful event for a photographer. I can't wait to see your photos. I'm sure they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're amazing and talented... remember that and beautiful as seen in the photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the photographing weddings and big families!! Hate it so much!!! Way too much stress. Takes me so far away from what I love about photography. I can bet that your photos are just lovely though!! :)

    P.S. I didn't even know they made 100 SPF!!! Mav will be so trilled....no more getting sunburnt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll just take the big red hutch filled with quilts in the backround!!

    ReplyDelete