July 05, 2010

Confetti Quilt

(dwell studio mosaic napkin. no longer available. see similar)


The Quilt:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!



I decided against black (used in the inspiration) and opted for charcoal
because I was feeling like it might look a little too NASCAR in quilt form.


detail of the binding



closer look at the quilting



detail of M
***wearing Old Navy from Aunt Missy


Back View

I made this specifically for the basement and I love how it looks in the room.


L likes to snuggle.
I had to wrestle her for it the whole time I was trying to photograph.
She needs her very own so she stops stealing all of them.
That will probably be next....


Aw, baby cakes! I can't help myself. Must photograph her.
She's so happy all the time.
She needs her own quilt too.
I can't believe I'm saying this.
What is happening to me?
Quilts?




All the solids were purchased at JoAnn's
Binding is Ooh La La by Kathy Hall for Andover Fabrics (purchased at my local quilt shop)
The back is Bloom in gray by Paula Prass (purchased at my local quilt shop)



Finished Dimensions:
54.5" x 76.25"
same as the zig zag



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a great fourth. We'll be heading to the parade this morning. And survived my Aunt's annual party even though it began at the girls' bedtime. M stayed up four hours past her bedtime and was happily content to sit on the hub's lap. L freaked out about all the loud fireworks noise and insisted on observing from inside, but that M wasn't even phased. I was ticked because L's neediness (the entire party) wouldn't allow any camera time. I saw many photos that will never be. Grrrrr....


A mini therapy session with the the cousins did wonders. So did bags full of fresh garden peas.

7 comments:

  1. Love it! I love a quilt with lots of white background—and what a great graphic design!

    Because quilts are so functional and desired by all I really enjoy making them. You can never have enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt! It looks awesome with all of your decorations! It was fun to see you guys on for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt looks fab! and the girls are so cute and getting so big! miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's just fabulous!! while you are making L and M one, i would love one too!! :) I really do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that quilt. You did such a great job! Despite my own lack of sewing skills, you've almost convinced me to give quilting a try! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that quilt!
    (and the jumper)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    I am in love with your quilt! You did a beautiful job!! Would you ever consider selling your quilts on etsy? I would buy one for sure!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete