September 08, 2010

Blueprint Quilt

Inspired by this dress

from May/June 2007 Blueprint Magazine
****so sorry about the quality...the page got really beat up during quilt process.
This is the original article it appeared in, but does not include the photo of this dress.





The Quilt

Finished size measures 71.5 x 50.5 inches

I kept track of my costs this time around for those who are curious

SUPPLIES:
all solids purchased at my local Joann's using 40-50% off coupons
prints purchased at local quilt shop
1 yard Kona cotton solid in "Navy" $3.19
1 yard Country Classic cotton in "Kelly" $2.15
1 yard Quilter's Cotton in "Honeydew" $2.64
1 yard Country Classic cotton in "Artesian Blue" $2.15
3 yards Kona cotton solid in "White" $9.57
3 1/2 yards Lattice Urban Green by Fabri-Quilt (sale) $10.50
5/8 yard polka dot $6.00 (this one hurt after getting all the rest so cheaply, but it was so perfect)
1 2/3 yard Warm and natural Quilt batting $11.oo
TOTAL COST = $47.20


I didn't take as many photos of this quilt. Probably because I go from LOVING to HATING it about every other week. I'd do a lot of things different if I had a do-over. #1 though is a less literal translation.

But......It was just one of those things I had to get out of my system.





8 comments:

  1. That is really fun! I love how you used the dress as inspiration. The backing material is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blow me away girl! That quilt is amazing! What I wouldn't give to be able to see a dress and turn it into an amazing quilt. What a skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent! Truly it its. Makes me want to finish the my current quilt I'm working on—though the finish product won't be near as cool as yours.

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really inspired me. No, I don't sew but I do have a little girl/little boy's room that really, really needs a theme. I think I just found a way to get one!

    Great quilt! I would buy that in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! I've loved the last two quilts you've featured here, mainly because, a) they're beautiful, b) you actually finish the projects you start, and c) you go into each quilt with a specific inspiration. And they all look so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey leslie, not sure if you'll see this comment but i didn't see a way to email you on your page. anyway, i saw your quilt in the banner of another quilter's blog: http://www.creativechicksatplay.blogspot.com/ maybe you don't care, but it seemed super odd! i was like, "hey! i totally know that quilt! it's leslie's from the good report." anyway, just a head's up.

    ReplyDelete