September 10, 2010

Pink & Orange Party

Photos of the quilts in their room later (on an unfinished roll of film). But until then I couldn't wait to share.....

M's quilt (more orange)
I've been liking her version more for some reason


a little technical info
Each quilt is made from twelve 4" strips with 1" white in between.
Finished quilt measures 41 x 56.5 inches


L's Quilt (more pink)

I won't deny that I motivate L to attach herself to this. You know, because I made it. I say things like, "Don't you want your pink quilt?", "Let's go get your pink quilt" or "Here's your pink quilt". She has a favorite blankie (it made an appearance here and here), but I'm hoping over time mine will take first place in her heart. Motherhood has made me really sentimental, ok.




I pretty much love how the quilting looks on the back. So clean. And subtle.



Detail view of the binding and back fabric on both quilts.




More quilting details



By far the easiest quilts I've made. I love this layout. And how the white in between looks like bias tape. Loooove.





I'll leave you with Miss cutie patootie.

24 comments:

  1. You're a quilting machine! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is breathtaking. I have pulled it up twice already today just to take it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just so happy that I've turned you over to the "dark side!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. C. says, "Cool pattern!"
    I love easy but great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful!
    Are those all from Joann's?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, only one of the strips of fabric is from Joann's. Most (all but five strips) were in my stash (from etsy or the local quilt shop).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so beautiful! I'm not usually one for quilting, but I'm finding myself inspired... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so precious. Love the color scheme! Love baby m too. I have that onesie for Abby too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I love love love those patterns. You are so amazingly talented! I need to tell you also that I made your salsa after trying 5 different homemade salsas this summmer. My search is over, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those turn out sooooo awesome!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. More perfection! I can't wait to see them in the rooms. You are the best fabric chooses I have every met.

    ReplyDelete
  17. leslie these are really awesome. i will be linking on my blog.
    www.presserfoot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. how long are the strips?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this pattern, too. Might be the simple one I've been looking for for a coworker's baby shower.
    @Carrick- the strips are WOF (worth of fabric) which is typically 42-45 in. That's why her finished quilt is 41 in wide.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are the strips 4 inches cut or 4 inches finished? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to make a quilt like this. Seems pretty easy?? I have never made a quilt before. Do you have a tutorial for this?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kylie, strips are 4.5" cut. 4" finished.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kimberly, sorry, I do not have a tutorial for any of my quilts. Can't stand writing them.

    ReplyDelete