September 28, 2010

Thoughts on photography


The things that are close to you are the things that you can photograph the best. And unless you photograph what you love you're not going to make good art.

.....It never occured to me to leave home to make art.
--Sally Mann (from here)


photo by Sally Mann



It made me realize at some point my own life has become interesting enough {to me} to photograph. Not sure when that was. I also think photographing my life has made me a better photographer.


2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you I really love your blog.

    When I clean up my reader (which I desperately need to do) yours will be one blog I keep.

    It is honest, interesting and beautiful.

    Thanks for giving me good things to read and see.

    xo-Rachel (www.rachelthurston.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quote is so pure and inspiring. The photo is just beautiful.
    Great choice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete