October 25, 2010

Family Pictures: A Metaphor for Life

Aw, family pictures. So much like my life right now. It's not fun, but you know it matters. Throw in a little bit of screaming kids and it is the perfect metaphor for both. Granted, all the screaming happened before or on the way to photos. I was seconds away from calling the whole thing off (not because of the rain) because I was wondering how I was going to force a smile when I hated these people so badly.....again, much my life. Kidding! Sort of.

But......do we stop taking family pictures because it's difficult? No way. Do I stop doing the hard things in my life because they aren't fun? church attendance (screaming kids). showering anytime other than nap time (screaming). family outings (yep, more screaming kids). No way.

In the words of my cousin, "Life is tough, but I'm tougher"








And since my outfit was the only one I liked.....
sweater: JC Penny
shoes: Target
Jeans: Forever 21
and P.S. I might have overestimated how great I looked in my skinny jeans. Yikes! Sausage, anyone?

Mamiya RZ, all shot on Kodak Portra 400 NC (I like this better than Fuji 400)
except the one of me holding M, Fuji 400H


All photos courtesy of THE TRAV

16 comments:

  1. okay, first of all, you do look good in your skinny jeans. second, really love the family photos! that ivy wall is yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! You look great. I love the red hair on you. Your family is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT in skinny jeans, really. I had to go back to see what you were talking about and you absolutely look fabulous in them. Don't give up wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut up about the sausage Miss Skinny! Great photos. I personally love the family photos that look like real life rather than perfectly staged life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! Wonderful photos... they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those turned out super cute!! Your girls have such personality on camera. I love the outfits too. I think my favorite is the one of L hanging onto your leg. I can relate all too much to that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great great pics of a lovely family. I would love to photograph you in your home. Let me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! The ivy wall is absolutely perfect (and the skinny jeans are fabulous--not sausage-y at all).

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been an occasional lurker over here after seeing the photos Alisha took of you. I really love your photography. Gorgeous stuff. And I love this vine wall! I'm kind of dying to know where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You all look cute--as usual. The girls are darling. And Jeff isn't half bad either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything that everybody else said. Ivy, pants, you guys. I esp. love your 'all alone' pic. Mommies need those kinds of pics. I wish you could take more for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leslie, these are fantastic! We are hours away from taking our own family pictures and I am stressing out bog time. Why do we do this to ourselves?

    I'm wearing skinny jeans too--here's hoping I look half as amazing as you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see no sausages...

    Also, family photos are a beast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great reflection! My new quote of the day, "Life is tough, but I'm tougher." Go Leslie!

    ReplyDelete