November 07, 2010

The Good Report

1. Canned six pints of salsa (trying a new recipe. They change so much after canning).
2. Ang surprised me with a new notebook for my polaroids.
3. Canned 25 pints of apple sauce. (let it be known that canning applesauce is a nightmare, but at $5 a bushel I couldn't say no)
4. Staying home and doing absolutely nothing after a long day of canning.
5. Rach emailed me a design for our Christmas cards. Awesome!
6. A neighbor invited L to play outside. Meanwhile, I cooked dinner in peace. It was awesome.
7. My sister gave us three more pints of peach syrup. Priceless.
8. Spontaneous lunch with another neighbor.
9. The portrait job of my dreams. Photographing a family in their home. !!!!!!!!!
10. A few successful early bedtimes for L.
11. What not to wear Season 8! Nick is back.
12. One-on-one chat with the Stake President. Encouragement followed by advice I'm choosing to follow.
13. Varying levels of sickies around here, but we are all sleeping. A lot. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Thanksgiving of my dreams
I like a simple November Calendar
I might be a groupie
Check out these Boston pics from one of my favorite photogs. (As if I'm not excited enough. And I've ordered MORE film. I'm taking ridiculous amounts of film. Prepared for loads of visual loveliness).
JCrew Spring Preview. Floor length sequin skirt? Yes, please.
THIS might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
A good review of how to set a table.

P.S. If L eats one more tube of chapstick, vaseline, or lip gloss I'm going to lose it.

4 comments:

  1. YES, Nick is back on What Not to Wear!
    November for me is busier than December this year. Nice clear calendar for December!
    Congrats on the photo opp of your dreams!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. You find the best stuff. I'm so excited for What Not to Wear. That show changed my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find apples for $5 a bushel!? I've been dying to make some apple sauce and that's an incredible deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the O&S book on their blog! March 2011 isn't going to come fast enough!

    ReplyDelete