This was the morning after a very crappy day. I got a migraine. They knock me down. and scare the crap out of me. I needed something cheerful. So I set a pretty table and made a good breakfast. On lazy days we have cereal.
When the stems started dying from the bunch, I transferred them to these. Not sure which I like best. It's kind of charming in the tin cans.
one of the best pineapples ever. L devoured half the bowl before I could even get the eggs on the table.
Kids are great for a lot of reasons. One of them is that there is no time to wallow.
I'm really liking this five dollar loveliness every week. Really, really liking it.
P.S. I took my shopping blog private. It was never really intended for public eyes. Just meant to be a loose diary of things I like. If you really want to keep looking at it leave your email and I'll invite you. Or I might have already sent you one if I know you look at it.
7. Summer shorts that are long enough. Maybe I won't be miserable all summer. Maybe.
8. An hour+ of mindless sewing (quilt triangles) after I'd had enough. Listening to my IPod at hearing loss levels. Thank you Queen. Thank you Kelly Clarkson. Thank you Ozzy Osbourne, Rolling Stones, Weezer, Eurythmics, Gwen Stefani, and most of all....Joan Jett.
I thought this was so beautiful. Especially since I am feeling so far from the formal arts of my single days. Wouldn't it be cool to share our grocery lists? My mom is a huge letter writer and has the most beautiful cursive handwriting. I've always liked people's handwriting too. We were discussing this quote earlier today over the phone.
I can't remember where I saw this....so sorry. I like to give credit. Anyone else seen it?
L was a very even baby. M is so different. She displays both extremes of emotion often. We can count on several minutes of freak out crying before falling asleep. It's SO LOUD. And easily induced smiles the rest of the time. So different. I have been asking myself constantly if I can be the mother each of them needs. Not that I have a choice. But you know...
1. More de-junking and purging of the house. 2. Trying to clear the kitchen counter. Permanently. And make it lovely to look at. 3. Week three of $5 flowers beautifying our home. 4. More potty progress with L.
5. Started cooking dinner after lunch whenever possible. It makes a huge difference.
6. Finally got around to cancelling all those Victorias Secret Catalogs. I've always wondered why I get SO MANY. Sometimes three or four in one day.
7. Tons more outside time yesterday. It's so nice!
I'm on a Mexican theme in the kitchen.
This week's hits:
Tomatillo Chicken which L devoured. Jeff raved about and also devoured. And I preferred on a tostado. The sauce would be so great over eggs.
I've got flowers on the brain....Searching for living room pillows. And I also started purchasing flowers for the kitchen table. I've always wanted a home with fresh flowers. I figure with all my extra savings (thanks to price matching) I can splurge on Walmart's $5 bundle each week (photos later). It makes me very happy. I'm totally digging the cheery addition. This week five dollars got me a ton of baby's breath. Which looks so beautiful all bunched together.
I've been taking some very small steps in setting a pretty table. (Remember that New Year's Resolution)? I put lemons in a water caraffe the other day and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was so pretty to look at. Maybe I'm easily pleased. And I actually used some printed napkins that were lingering in my stash. It's the little things that make life lovely.
Check out all of these ideas for table settings. I don't have any plans of going that far, but one or two elements every so often would be nice.
1. Got my prints back for the basement ledge. I could not be happier. 2. The hubs repaired a very pricey pair of his headphones. I can't think of anything more attractive than Mr. Fix-it. 3. Watched Twilight and New Moon. Loved them. I'm Team Jacob! Wowza. He is something else to look at. I haven't read the books and probably won't, but who will tell me if she turns into a vampire? 4. Discovered a very successful teaching technique with my class. 5. We liked this recipe. Mexican Meatball soup 6. Spent a lot of time outside yesterday. 8. Got to know our neighbors. 9. TAX RETURN, baby!
I realized I had one picture of these two together. It was when M was first born and it's not that great. They need more. So this is for history reasons. Can't wait until M can sit...got some cute ideas.
Helps me see the beauty, so I'm not overwhelmed by all the rest.
I can't live without air conditioning or clorox wipes. Beautiful light thrills me. I want to wear stripes every day. Large crowds freak me out. I prefer the dough over the cookie. I love the sound of the dishwasher and live in my skinny jeans.