January 08, 2011

First quilt of 2011 {with lots of random thoughts)


"Make what you want to make, and make it the way you want to make it."
Gwen Marston

Measures 61" x 81"


Polaroid is hardly ideal for photographing the details of a quilt, but this will have to do because I'm excited and impatient and want to share. Anyhoo, the diagonal stripes take up the bottom third of the front. The back is all print. It's awesome. Every time I finish a quilt it becomes my favorite. And this lovely is my biggest. I'll get around to photographing thoroughly. Sometime.

P.S. Don't you just love that quote!


My lab broke the news to me that it's not looking good for film processing anymore. Of course, there are other lab options. A new one just cropped up that did all the Boston trip. Very happy, but lots more expensive. So I'm pausing until I decide what I want to do with myself since I never want to spend money again. Ever.

Most likely I will just be really selective with when I bust out the camera, but that's no fun.

And here's our computer nook as it is now. You can also see how it relates the rest of the house (awkward). Kitchen to the right. Stairs leading to the basement on the left. The latest addition is this calendar. Love! I usually go for the snow and graham, but this one is so much better for the space. So simple and clean. I've since removed the garland because I didn't like it after I lived with it.



This weekend: step one in creating a different life.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely do what you love, otherwise what is the point?! Love the stripe binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is phenomenal. Great choices!

    As far as creating a different life...
    It is too overwhelming to expect yourself to change every aspect of your life all at once.

    One day/week/month at a time.

    You accomplish so much.. Don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to see more pictures of that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your quilts and can't wait to see this one!
    I have a tried and true noodle recipe if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the quilt in person! Best wishes in your travels. Funerals like the one you're attending have been some of my most spiritual experiences.

    ReplyDelete