April 25, 2011

COLOR CRUSH quilt

Inspired by
J Crew Spring 2011




image from istock photo



So, this is not what I was going for, but that's ok. (After making this I know what I need to change to make what was in my head). I consider it a successful failure. And a really pretty one too.



Quilt Front

M sleeps with this one at night
finished quilt measures 54" x 73"





Quilt Back

I love the simple quilting.
I pretty much love everything about this quilt.



I used this tutorial as the guide for creating the corners of my squares.
No measuring on my part. Just freely sewing them on.



Mmmm, I love you my pretty......



The back and binding fabric are the same.
It's Pink polka dot by Riley Blake.





Most of the solids are Kona purchased at Joann's. I would have preferred to use all solids, but it just wasn't possible with the local selection. So I found what I could to make the gradient.

My favorite detail is the corner of khaki (bottom left). It's metallic and so pretty. Unfortunately, it wasn't really reading in photos. The fabric is Fairy Frost Glitz from the Princess Collection by Michael Miller. Also not as pretty online as it is in real life. Kind of smitten with that little detail though.

10 comments:

  1. Your quilt posts are my favorite and this one is awesome! Your are the quilting queen in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolute stunner! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it. i am not a quilt person at all, but yours are somehow modern enough to peak my interest. plus it looks like you just bind/top sew it yourself. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli, you are right. I hand stitch the binding and quilt with my regular machine. No walking foot or anything. I would love to see you try a quilt because you have a great eye and I love your sense of color. It would be interesting to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me goosebumps. It's really one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. I love the asymmetrical variations.

    Quilting scares me but this may motivate me enough to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just lovely. i saw it on pinterest. i have a stack of all kinds of solid blues that I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with, but no I think I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are simply amazing. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete