May 04, 2011

Change the world

Sometimes when I read blogs about peeps who travel the world, help the impoverished, and live fantastic and interesting lives I get a little bummed because who doesn't want to do that? But I have to remind myself I'm changing the world too. In fact, I consider myself the biggest social advocate there is. I am mother, hear me roar. Nothing else matters. And I feel that in my deepest depths. I made deliberate choices. I must own them and then run with it.


I am mother, watch me flourish.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of this quote by G.K. Chesterton, from "The Emancipation of Domesticity": "How can it be a large career to tell other people’s children about the Rule of Three, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, that is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete