May 26, 2011

Waiter

Words cannot describe how much I love these images.


I don't photograph people smiling that often. (Even with my own girls it's kind of rare), but I like this one of him.


{behind the French Cafe}
Omaha, NE
May 2011





I am working on a personal challenge. Photographing strangers. I just kind of want a collection of faces. I see interesting people all the time and I'm forcing myself to photograph them. I like people, but sometimes my shyness rears it's ugly head. I hate that part of myself. I'm forcing myself not to let that be a reason I didn't take a picture. It's happened a million times.


Annie said it best:

"When I say I want to photograph someone, what it really means is that I'd like to know them".


P.S. I'll say it again: I wish I had more time to explore the Old Market.

Mamiya C220, Fuji 800Z

2 comments:

  1. I totally admire how brave you are! I'm a total chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these images and I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete