July 18, 2011

The 4th party



Every year my aunt hosts a 4th of July party. And every year I say I'm going to photograph it. I finally did.

This year I felt more like being a bystander than an active participant (anti social). I had very little sleep the days before and was shutting down. Plus, we still had a week of fun to go with family in town. I just needed some sleep. I held back, but still glad to make these snaps. Next year I'd like to do a better job of telling a story.
And a group photo.... Why haven't we ever taken one?

















Mamiya C220, Fuji 800Z


8 comments:

  1. Those make Crazy sad that I missed it. I love the Phitos though. That one of my dad playing is straight from my childhood memories. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So totally awesome and so totally made me homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that one of your dad too. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish we could've been there too. Maybe we'll have to try harder for next year's par-tay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! I always love how you capture natural expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute pictures! It was great to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, wished we had been there. It is always so fun and a time to bond as a family. Go Johnson tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were actually in Utah that day - if I had known about it prior to that morning (we stopped at Grandma's) I would have tried to ditch Rich's family and come join mine! :)

    ReplyDelete