July 10, 2011

The Good Report

Ever notice how life's most beautiful moments coincide with really, really crappy stuff? It was true this week. Its true for me most of the time. I suppose these good reports have brought that little irony to my attention. I'm considering it a gift. Welcome reprieves amidst all the rest.

1. A busy fourth of July weekend with family.
2. L eventually stopped screaming and warmed up to the fireworks and sparklers.
3. I love that the cousins love each other.
4. Boating on the lake (without kids) officially recharged my batteries.
5. The hubs wowed me with his waterskiing skills.
6. Some great memories for sure.
7. A babysitter that makes me feel totally comfortable being gone for 12 hours.
8. And sends me cute pics of the girls.
9. And tells me all the cute things they did/said while we were gone.
10. I was reminded how beautiful Utah is.
11. A day on the lake felt like a week vacation. Thank you for that.
12. A beautiful evening at the park as a family. Followed by a MASSIVE rainbow on our favorite drive. I can't remember the last time I saw a rainbow. It was one of those moments when life was still. Watching the sunset. Awesome.
13. Jeff was on vacation all week.
14. Which meant precious, private, quiet family time.
15. I'm sometimes moved to tears watching Jeff with the girls.
16. Wish we had more time with Nicky and Mike....but grateful for getting to see them.
17. The girls slept in until 11:30 this morning (and so did we). Now, THAT is a gift.

I'm officially exhausted. And.....
In "I think I'll cry my eyes out" news M sharpied two quilts. I'm sick.

These placemats are beautiful.
My favorite post this week. Reminds me of this talk.

3 comments:

  1. marker on fabric, rinse stain from fabric w cold water until no more color is being removed. Place fabric on paper towels and saturate w rubbing alcohol, using cotton ball or small cloth to blot the stain. Replace the paper towels as often as needed to prevent restaining the fabric. Treat the stain with a lather from bar of Fels-Naptha Laundry Soap and launder as usual. Also can use hair spray (the cheaper the better), rubbing
    alcohol, or for really tough spots, denatured alcohol from hardware store. Always spot carefully, trying to do just the spot. "Queen of Clean" Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the shout-out. i'd love to know what your "four things" are. (p.s. fingers crossed you can get the sharpie out of your beautiful quilts. if you do, share with us your cleaning tips, pretty please?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the sharpie! Did you check out their website? Type in sharpie marker removal fabric. Another site suggested using goof off. University of Iowa Extension has a stain removal guide here: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/publications/pm858.pdf

    ReplyDelete