July 29, 2011

{The Grandparentals}

Last week we took H and B to visit our grandparents. Grandma was thrilled to have company and didn't want us to leave. And I was thrilled to get these photographs since grandma is hesitant to have her picture taken.



This clock was made by my grandpa. It's a slightly iconic piece in the family. At least for me. A few others have one too. My sister, E, has my mom's.





taken July 2011




Mamiya C220, Kodak Portra 800
Yay, for a steady hand. The vase was really slow...I think 1/8
My grandma was 1/30.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for taking their pix, Leslie. Mom looks pretty good but Dad is really looking old, course he'd been in the hospital. I'm really glad you took the time to go see them because I know they get really lonely and even though they are sometimes not very talkative when you go there, they do love to have company. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this. You inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking their pictures! I wish I lived closer so I could spend more time with them. They are both awesome. Your photos are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of taking some more when my parents visit in September.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! Wish we lived close enough to visit them too! We loved going up to play games with them when we lived there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos of grandma and grandpa. Tiff

    ReplyDelete