October 09, 2011

The good report

1. Canned 32 pints of salsa with the garden tomatoes from my sister.
2. Finally, a really good CANNED salsa! Seriously. It's good. As in.....no sour vinegar taste. (which is what the other four recipes tasted like).
3. Jeffy turned 37.
4. I went to bed at 9:15 one night. If I could do that once a week, I would be a lot happier person.
5. Got that filling replaced.
6. There is a chill in the air. Eeeee!
7. Surprise package arrived for the girls. Full of goodies. Courtesy of Aunt M.
8. Canned 15 pints of chicken.
9. Whittling away at my to-do list is a great feeling.
10. Spending a super cold rainy/snowy day inside with Alisha and kids. Awesome.
11. Little Lisette for 99 cents.
12. That canned chicken was really good this way. Even better as a wrap and dipped in that canned salsa.
13. Feeling excited about the two other canned salsa recipes I found on pinterest. They look really really promising too. And I can't wait to make a small batch for comparison purposes.
14. Oh my gosh SNOW!
15. Jeff's safe return home from his trip.
16. .....Putting an end to single parenting this week.
17. L wanting her DAD to help her out of the bath, pjs, etc. (instead of me). Hallelujah.
18. L in bed, asleep 15 minutes earlier than normal. Why is that so exciting? It just is.
19. Oh, and canning in frigid temps is way better than unbearable summer heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment