October 19, 2011

Puppy-dog-it

Back in my school days there was a spoken rule that you were not allowed to turn in assignments with puppy dogs, babies, or kittens. Their overt cuteness made us all thoughtless to composition, exposure, etc. So professors eventually banned the subjects completely. But some persisted in their fluffy passion. Finally, my professor gave in, "just do it, just do it. Do it so you can get it out of your system and move on". So they did.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I have some photographs (not puppies) I need to get out of my system. So I can move on. If I'm lucky they might even move me to somewhere new. Something more. That would be ideal. There are some techniques/styles I've been wanting to try. I'm going to copy just TO SEE IF I CAN. (giving credit of course).

Stay tuned.





P.S. Saw and photographed some beautiful light this week. And subjects other than my kids. Grateful for that break from the boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment