February 18, 2012

The story continues

I have no desire to share the details publicly (that seems too weird or TMI), but this my fifth day in the hospital following a really scary dehydrated day on Tuesday. This pregnancy is just too much. But I really think I'm in the best place to recover. Utah Valley knows what they are doing and the nurses in labor and delivery are fantastic. Seriously, I love them. I could do without this whole experience, but will never deny the flood of blessings and support to carry us through. There's the tender mercies too.

Here's a few......

Ridiculously long showers because you can. And no one will interrupt you.
Having every meal brought to you is the best.
Hearing the baby's heartbeat twice a day is the sweetest. She lives!
An amazing conversation with my OB.
An OB that takes the time to listen to me.
And will engage in conversation and concerns outside of pills and science.
An OB that looks out for me. (overheard him talking to a nurse one morning and he was not happy about a few minor things concerning my care, but man did that make me confident/happy).
Feeling comfortable enough to tell him how I really feel. About a lot.
Marathon of Diners, drive ins &. Dives.
A visit and flowers from Melanie.
Phone calls from many, but Alisha's was perfect timing. Love that girl.
Tons of help from from my sister and VTs.
VTs that are available round the clock and last minute to watch the girls. Oh my, even put the girls to bed one night.
Then there is always Emily. Yep. She gives and gives.
Jeff's time off from work.
Jeff waiting until I fall asleep before he headed home for the night. So comforting to me.
Jeff's sisters supporting him so he can support me.
Jeff's sense of humor. I really need him.

So grateful even amidst the scared, scared feelings that dominate.

P.S. Hoping to go home Sunday or Monday.





5 comments:

  1. Sending prayers your way. Hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Les! I'm so sorry that you are going through this, but I'm glad that you are getting the care you need. Hang in there. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, didn't know you were having such a rough pregnancy. So sorry! Hope you get to go home soon. Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Glad you have proper care to get through this. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending good vibes and energy your way!

    ReplyDelete