July 08, 2012

The good report

1.  Trevor's salmon on the grill.  Downright deelish.
2.  Living room dance party with the kids.   Cute. 
3.  Any adult conversation I can get is a good thing. 
4.  A cool enough (and smoke free) morning that I was able to open the windows and doors for a few hours.
5.  We had the baby!  That was unexpected (three weeks early).
6.  The birth was mellow and that epidural .... Just how I like it. 
7.  My sister being willing and able to stay with the girls at 1AM.   Then taking them for those couple of days.  So very priceless. 
8.  L being genuinely happy and not crying/whining about it all when I talked to her on the phone.
9.  The girls' wearing life jackets (obedient!) for Aunt Emily so they could swim at Aunt Gayle's.  All while not caring life has been disrupted.  Makes me so happy. 
10.  Trevor and Amy visiting me in the hospital before heading back to Canada.  And a bag of things for me, Jeff, and girls.  They are so good to us. 
11.  Really great window light in my hospital room makes for pretty pics of baby. 
12.  When I tell Jeffy I need him....he's there. 
13.  Late night call/cry to Alisha.
14.  Meal from a neighbor the very day we came home.  And it was fantastic.  Why is food so good?  I love it.
15.  Same neighbor taking girls to play all day.  Fantastic times ten.
16.  Ibuprofen is my new best friend.  I take it.  It works. 
17.  M falling asleep on our bed, on her own, at 7PM the day we brought the baby home.  Good night.  Sleep tight.  Yes!
18.  Putting makeup on even for a couple of hours because it's been a few days and makes me feel somewhat human and normal.
19.  Staring at pretty clothes I want to wear in a couple months also makes me feel human.
20.  Jeff's sense of humor.  So totally priceless the day we brought home baby.  (Even though laughing hurts like nobody's biz).  Have I mentioned how much I need him?   
21.  I think my baby is cute.
22.  Jeff's time off work.  (I can't believe I actually thought he should go back to work at the end of the week.  What?????  I don't even know what I was talking about.)
23.  Photos/scans I took of baby ready for pickup at my lab in one day.  Eeeeee!
24.  Having a Summer baby is the best.  (comparing to L's December.  That was horrible)
25.  Hiring Bria to clean and tidy house is totally worth it considering my level of irritation.   I was pretty much losing my mind and raging.
26.  A visit from Jessie.  Love her.
One of the prettiest parties I've ever seen. Who wants to throw me one?
The Midwest never looked more beautiful.  My heart is swooning.
P.S.  I'm sad I missed the 4th Of July festivitites this week.  It's one of my favorite holidays.  Plus, it's super depressing being in the hospital during it all.  Now, the newborn phase.  Uck.  My emotions are completely WILD.  I'm short tempered and raging one minute and overwhelmed by sweetness the next.   And I'm starving.