September 28, 2012

Fiesta!

Birthday parties are a lot of work.

I didn't get to some of the details I wanted. Forgot to do the cake. That's right. Totally forgot! And then there is being mother, party planner, hostess, and photographer all in the same moment. That is a bit of a joke. It frustrates me that I didn't take enough photos. There were some other real beauties in my head. Aw well. I did what I could.  And it was a great night. 

 
M was totally delightful during the party. 
 Even throwing out some spontaneous "thank you's" to gift givers. 
I cherish politeness from the girls in any way.
 
 
 


The area behind our house is awesomely beautiful at the end of the day.  I love it!
That tablecloth was a bit of a bust.  It's from here
It didn't turn out as saturated as I hoped (and barely visible in the photo) 
so I have since died it again and it's perfect. 
sidenote:  Now I'm thinking about dip dying the curtains in our bedroom
 
 
 
 

 
And the sage is in full bloom in the back yard.  So pretty.
This is pretty much what color the tablecloth was supposed to be.
 
 
 

 
I used this headband tutorial.  I liked them more than the girls for sure.
 really I looooooved them. 
And so bummed I didn't have someone snap a pic of me wearing mine.  It was adorbs!!
Wouldn't they be so cute for New Year's too?  In metallics.
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
We picked up M's dress and Sophia's tunic on our cruise in March.
It inspired the fiesta theme.
 
 
 

 
VT's son, Nathan.  The girls looooove him.
 

 

 
Neighbor, Peyton.  He likes to knock on our door.  He and M get along so great.
 
 
 
 



 
 
 

  

 
this cutie is, Canyon, Peyton's baby brother
 
 
 


Bria, beloved babysitter (and friend)
This is probably my favorite photo from the whole party.
 
 
 

 

 

 

 



 
Love this little girl.  She's priceless. 




My cousin, Nancy, made M's birthday cake I forgot to put out. It was one tier of this and so pretty.

You can check out my Pinterest Board for more party inspiration.  And if anyone wants the headbands, they are all yours.  Not everyone took theirs home and I certainly don't need  that many.

I'll say it again, "Birthdays are a lot of work".    But it was all worth it when we saw the look on M's face when she got on her new bike.  Pure joy. 


Mamiya RZ, Kodak Portra 160

2 comments:

  1. looks like a lot of fun was going on at the party. I really like the headbands because they are very festive. Megan looks so cute. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love that you forgot the cake because I've totally done that before.

    ReplyDelete